Air Source Heating
Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the outside air. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor heating systems, or warm air convectors and hot water in your home.
An air source heat pump extracts heat from the outside air in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from its inside. It can get heat from the air even when the temperature is as low as -20° C. Heat pumps have some impact on the environment as they need electricity to run, but the heat they extract from the ground, air, or water is constantly being renewed naturally.
The benefits of air source heat pumps:
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- potential income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- lower home carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- no fuel deliveries needed
- can heat your home as well as your water
- minimal maintenance required
- can be easier to install than a ground source heat pump.
Unlike gas and oil boilers, heat pumps deliver heat at lower temperatures over much longer periods. During the winter they may need to be on constantly to heat your home efficiently. You will also notice that radiators won’t feel as hot to the touch as they might do when you are using a gas or oil boiler.
LG High Temp Therma V
THERMA V is LG’s newest Air to Water Heat Pump system, especially designed for new housing and renovation by LG’s advanced heating technology with energy saving.
THERMA V can be used as various heating solution from floor heating to hot water supply with multiple heat sources.
Energy Efficient Application
THERMA V offers the best solution for home heating and hot water supply with LG’s inverter technology. It is 4 times more energy efficient than boiler system by absorbing energy from the outdoor environment.